Thursday 12 January 2012

Sweet Floral Cards !

Today I have been playing with a lovely large single stamp from Stampin' Up called Sweet Floral; it's great for larger cards and the image can also be stamped and then cut out into smaller parts and then re-configured. I have teamed it with Everything Eleanor and Sincere Salutations stamp sets ( the mother's day sentiment is from a retired set ). I have returned to one of my favourite colour combinations and used soft suede, crumb cake and pretty in pink inks with crumb cake, very vanilla and pink pirouette card.




My first card is a gatefold and I've overlapped the cut out stamped images so that it looks balanced when it is standing up ! I popped some Beau Chateau DSP on the inside to give a pretty background and used the eyelet border punch for the two edges. I also stamped just the flower heads in a lighter ink to the main image onto the main card.



Both cards are A5 and this one is a standard fold which I usually do; I'm not very adventurous !!! I have to say that I find small cards more difficult to design as I am more used to working on a bigger canvas, so these come together more quickly for me . I used to do a lot of watercolour painting (flowers !!!) and before my daughter came on the scene I ran my own design business making bespoke wedding gowns in silk! I loved this as working with brides and their Mums was lovely and so rewarding and I used to go along to the weddings to arrange the gown for the photographer! Happy days !!!
Anyway I digress ! Back to my cards ! I have added some first edition speciality DSP to this card and again stamped the background. I think Sweet Floral would work well stamped in a solid ink onto some watercolour paper and then double mounted in a frame for home decor as it is a very strong image !
I think I'm getting back to where I was before with my crafting; that is before all the Christmas chocolate fudged my brain and made me think I couldn't craft anymore !!!
Valentines next, I think and maybe some tags to get me used to working on a small scale again !
I appreciate the time you have taken to drop by; do come again !
Hugs Jane x






4 comments:

  1. Hi Jane - gorgeous card, I really love all the delicate colours you have used - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So very elegant , love the colour combo too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you've used too Jane and the combination of stamps is fabulous. Love hearing about your wedding business - what a lovely thing to do! A lovely post - although I'm not sure you're allowed to mention chocolate and fudge in the same sentence! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane love what you have been doing with your cards, hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !