Monday 23 January 2012

Petal Cone Valentine !

Good Morning !
Chilly and dull here in Worcestershire today and once I have got the chores done I hope to get some crafting in as it's not an outdoor kind of day !
I have been using the petal cone die to make valentines and it makes a very nice little gift pocket / card. Lots of demos have made a petal cone die valentine and this one is my version ! 




Starting with pink pirouette card stock  I cut out the main cone and then used pretty in pink for the scalloped half circles, the heart ( embosslit die - scalloped heart of hearts ) and the Eiffel Tower ! I also backed the heart with another cut from chocolate chip card. I inked up my stamps with chocolate chip and crumb cake ( stamp set used are : artistic etchings and french foliage ). My ribbon is retired but pink pirouette is available in the taffeta.



This photo gives a peek of the inside and shows the gorgeous antique brad I added to neaten up the join and hold the ribbon in place. I really enjoyed making this and thought that some little postcards with messages on could be put in the pouch along with some chocolates !
I plan to do some simpler cards for Valentines Day so do visit again !
Also, the Sale-a Bration starts tomorrow with a free stamp set or DSP for every £45 that you spend; there are four stamp sets to choose from and a lovely vintage style paper set ( I want them all !!! ).
Have a good Monday , wherever you are and thank you for stopping by !
Hugs Jane x

3 comments:

  1. A lovely romantic creation Jane - such a great use of the petal die - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jane! I can comment today - such excitement! I love your gorgeously feminine valentine and can certainly imagine chocolates in the pocket! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !