Sunday 29 January 2012

Style Beautiful in Naturals Ivory and Basic Grey!

Hello !
Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday ! After a well earned lie, in Richard and I decided to be pro-active and groom and clip the doggies this morning ! So after lots of wiggling, woofy protestations and bribing with dog treats we now have two smart little girls with new hair cuts ! We're exhausted and the whole process makes so much mess that we have had to have baths/showers/hairwashes and Richard has hoovered and steam cleaned the entire kitchen/breakfast room and utility ! Thankfully we only have to go through this battle four times a year ! Our eighteen year old daughter slept through the whole thing and is finally emerging at 12.30; the stresses and strains of being a uni student !!!
I have two cards to share with you today made from one sheet of A4 naturals ivory card stock. I have also used the gorgeous style beautiful stamp set which you don't see featured often ! I think it is really elegant and I have stamped in basic grey ink to keep it all quite subtle.




I have added edgings made from the eyelet  and scallop edge border punches and used the patterns stack DSP in neutrals for some contrast. Pearls and ribbon add texture to a very simple card.


A similar format with this card with the addition of a punched decorative label and stamping from the very useful four frames set ( the first stamp set I ever sold to a customer ! ). I have changed how I draw attention to SU products used in my projects by highlighting in a different colour; do let me know if this is helpful.


Sorry that my photos are a little underexposed; the light levels are terrible here today so I have edited and therefore the colours are a little out !!

Off to get Sunday lunch done and then a relax and maybe a movie; it's too cold and foggy here today for outdoor excursions, even the dogs prefer to be in !
May I just say a special hello and thank you to Helen " down under ", I have no way of contacting you so hope you get this message, your comment was lovely and much appreciated !
Thank you for your visit, have a good day !
Hugs Jane x

P.S. Have re-done these photos today ! Not sure if they are any better but at least they are more colour accurate !!!



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jane and so very you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely design Jane - I like both styles. I particularly like the hint of texture behind the main panel. The light levels are a challenge at this time of year aren't they - I expect, like me, you're ready with your camera at the faintest gleam of sunshine! Well done on grooming your spaniels - that sounds like a major undertaking! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I have the same problem when I cut my husband's hair!! beautiful cards Jane - love your delicate colour choice - very elegant. - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all stunning Jane. Hope you've recovered from your mammoth task!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !