Saturday 3 March 2012

Beau Chateau Revisited !

Hello ! Hope you are having a lovely weekend ? Aren't Saturdays busy ? I have been running around all day and finally have a few moments to myself to post on my little blog which has been sadly neglected this week ! Life is rather busy at present and I'm not getting the time to do much crafting but did get round to making a birthday card for my lovely daughter Rosie this week. She is nineteen today !!!! I can't believe it; where did all those years go ??? Her card is a revisit to my favourite DSP from the current main catalogue ( I hope she like shabby French vintage !!! ) - Beau Chateau which I haven't played with for a while. Click on the photos for a larger view !



This card is huge ( about 10 x 7.5 inches ) and after all the small cards I have been making of late I found it quite a challenge ! This is one of my " choose a colour for the background, make up lots of components and then fiddle around until you are happy adding bits in to balance mistakes " kind of cards !!! Do you ever make ones like that or are you too disciplined and  organised !!!
The card used is pink pirouette and naturals ivory with pretty in pink to accent.


Making these flowers is a bit of an obsession at the moment so Rosie gets one on her card with an antique brad ( how did I craft without these ! ). My components are made from using several stamp sets : You are Loved, Artistic Etchings, Nature Walk, Four Frames and the sentiment is from the Sale - a - Bration set Elementary Elegance. I also threw in a piece of DSP cut using the top note die .


I love to layer and stamp in between; I know it's a bit messy for some but it's my style of crafting and that's very much what it's about for me - finding your own style ! I used two inks : chocolate chip and soft suede and enjoyed adding punched edges using just about every edge punch I own from SU : eyelet border, scallop trim border and corner and the dotted scallop ribbon border. The flowers were punched using the scallop circle, fancy flower and itty bitty punches . In addition I used the decorative label punch to shape the sentiment and used my new favourite toy - my Sizzlits Junior Type Alphabet dies to make my letters and numbers ! Phew ! I think that's all ! It's almost taken me as long to list all the materials and tools used as it did to make the card in the first place !


The SALE - a - BRATION continues to the end of the month so still plenty of time to join up or get your freebies; please contact me via the link on my profile if you wish to take advantage of these very generous offers !

Off to get ready now; we are out for dinner tonight at our favourite bistro to celebrate Rosie and Richard's birthday's  ( no cooking for me ! LOL ! ).

Thank you for stopping by; it is so sweet of you to visit ! 
Hugs Jane x

4 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! It must have taken you ages to make, sadly I just don't have the patience I'm a clean & simple girl ;o)Hope Rosie had a fantastic day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Jane - I can see just how much love and attention has gone into every beautiful detail! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jane - stunning card, this is definitely what you do best as it all works perfectly together.
    Hope you all had a great weekend - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Jane for Rosie, hope you enjoyed your meal out and Rosie and Richard had a great birthday xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !