Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day !

Hello !
It's Mother's day here in the UK so to all the Mums - have a wonderful day, I hope you are being thoroughly pampered and waited upon !!!! I found a lovely quote for you which is a bit of a tear jerker but so very true -
" Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."  Author Unknown. 
Now to the crafty bit ! I have a Mother's day card for you today which I hope you like , using the lovely stamp sets -Blessed Mother and Letter It.  The card is A4 and made from very vanilla textured card stock. The inks used are - lucky limeade, baja breeze , river rock , pool party and wisteria wonder. I couldn't resist adding some itty bitty flowers too !!!



It's such a simple card which I have edged with the scallop trim border and embellished with two dotted scallop ribbon borders laid side by side and old olive ribbon ( now discontinued ) as it was just right. This little stamp set was so inexpensive but is such a useful addition to my stamp collection and the flowers are so pretty. This simple card just showcases the set at a very basic level; there is so much more that could be done and I think the flowers would be lovely on  wedding stationary.

There is still time to take advantage of the fabulous offers in the SALE - A - BRATION which ends very soon !!! It is the very best time to become a demonstrator as the offer coupled with my own little extras mean that you would receive crafting goods for which you would be paying a little over a third of the actual value ( this figure depends on your choice of free stamp set but the value is amazing ) ! On this subject , we went out to supper yesterday evening at the home of some very dear friends and after several e-mails and phone calls from work during dinner due to a rather contentious issue which is proving hard to deal with, my poor friend was on the point of tearing her hair out !!! Then, I suddenly heard myself saying " Why don't you become a Stampin' Up demonstrator, it would be far less hassle ! " At which point everyone collapsed into fits of giggles ! Ok , so it doesn't pay as much as being a lawyer but you get to meet some lovely people, get lots of free or discounted craft stash, work from home and fit around your family to name but a few benefits !!!!

Have a great day and happy crafting !
 Hugs Jane x





3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Jane. Think your friend may notice the difference in earnings :0)
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Jane! I love the soft background stamped onto the textured card stock. Never mind the money, I'd much rather be a SU demo than a lawyer! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Jane - love all those little flowers dancing around the page - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !