Wednesday 22 February 2012

Very Vintage Fresh Vintage !

Hello !
I have had a little break over half term catching up on life so hence the lack of posts ! I am still obsessed with Fresh Vintage and can't put it down, so have a couple of cards to share with you today following on from my last post. These are a little more vintage in style and I have inked edges and scrunched paper to get a nice worn effect. Vintage is my favourite style but I don't go too grungy as I like my work to look clean; having said that I do like to get really messy when I am having a play with all my inks and bits !



Both my cards started on a crumb cake card base and are made from one sheet of A4. This one uses a piece of duck egg blue paper which was destined for paper recycling but went so well with the Everyday Enchantment papers that it was a shame to throw it away ! I have of course used the SAB stamp set Fresh Vintage and made a layered flower from the fancy flower punch. I also added a layer of stamped vellum but I do struggle with a good glue to use with vellum as it always seems to show, so don't look too closely ( it looks fine in the flesh but my photos seem to show up every flaw !!! ) Both cards feature the use of the scallop trim border and corner punch as well as the the eyelet border and scallop ribbon border.


Lots of inking in crumb cake on the petal edges gives a vintage feel as does all the crinkling; I finished off the centre with an antique brad. Other inks used are riding hood red, whisper white and pool party.


Here is a different combination of all the above mentioned SU stash . The thing I like most about crafting is how you develop from where you started. I used to buy so many ready made embellishments which cost a fortune and I really like that now I mostly make my own because I have the right tools and have learnt the skills to do so. Once you have invested in the right tools and equipment you can make so much that you may have previously bought and cards are just the tip of the iceberg ! As you can see I am into making flowers at present ! This one was scrunched from layers of paper and stamped vellum. Here is a little more detail; click on the photo for a close up view !


I must put this away now and go and play with a different stamp set !

The Sale - a - Bration runs until the end of March and anyone wishing to help get my team off the ground by joining me can be assured of a very warm welcome. I am part of the biggest SU team in the UK and now is THE TIME to join ! As well as an amazing starter kit worth in excess of £250, up to 30th March you can also choose an extra stamp set from the catalogue up to the value of £44.95 and in addition I am offering extra SU goodies to try and tempt you !!! All of this for just £119 including postage; this really is a great offer and the best time to join SU . I will give you all the support you need to get going and help you along the way with regular phone or e-mail chats so you always feel confident and secure in the running of your Stampin' Up business. It may be that you just want to use SU to buy stash for your own crafting needs and get a regular discount of 20% on every purchase and that is fine too, I'll still be there to give you help, tips and advice !

If you are tempted then please contact me by e-mail at janegoldman1960@gmail.com for a no obligation chat so I can fill you in with all the details !

Have a good day ( hopefully a crafting one ) wherever you are !
Hugs Jane x






5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Jane - I too have those lovely papers but I'm too busy stroking them to cut into them!! - Jacqueline xx
    P.S - will send an e-mail later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set lends itself beautifully to vintage cards and yours are beautiful Jane! I really the white on kraft background you stamped on the second card. Hope you're all caught up after half term! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, as always Jane! I can't get enough of the S-A-B stuff either, loving it all ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards Jane, really love the red one
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards as usual Jane and I just knew you would love Fresh Vintage as it's your style completely, hope you Richard and Rosie are well x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !