Wednesday 7 March 2012

Elementary Elegance !

Hello ! Just a very quick post today whilst dinner is cooking in the oven ! You know how much I love pleated paper and usually make rosettes but I thought this little pretty could just sit on the edge of my card; it looks a bit like a curtain pelmet but I think it adds a nice bit of texture ! As if that was not enough I also added a row of scrunched up seam binding ribbon in crumb cake. My lovely upline Jo uses this technique on her cards a lot so thank you Jo for the inspiration ! ( Jo's is always applied very neatly I have to say, unlike mine ! )


The stamp set used - Elementary Elegance - is one of those which you can earn free with every £45 you spend before the end of this month; so hurry because you know how time flies ! The paper is from Beau Chateau and the  inks used are bashful blue, soft suede and early expresso. I have added some of my signature flowers punched from scraps using the itty bitty punches and a bird edged in bashful blue ink and punched using the bird builder punch. The blue layer of DSP has an embossed frame for more texture created with the designer frames set.


I stamped the bird too and punched it out so I could see where the stamped design sat within the blades of the punch and twiddled it around until I was happy  ( can you see the little crown on the tip of the wing ? ! ) the main card is made from textured very vanilla card stock and the card measures 6x6 inches ( 15x15 cms )
Must go and rescue dinner !!!
Thank you so much for stopping by ! BTW before I go , you can now follow me on Pinterest ! I joined at the weekend and I have to say it is very addictive but so much fun. For those of you who do not know ( and I know many of you do because I am following you !!! ) it is an online pinboard where you join up and then create your own set of pinboards which express your creative style and interests and allow you to display all your gorgeous finds in one place ! What is more you get to share them with others who can  'pin' from your boards onto theirs as well as from other sources. It's a lovely way of sharing ideas and getting new ones; sometimes it's just nice to look at lots of gorgeous pictures !
Just click on the button on the right hand side bar and it will take you to my boards and then you can have a look at the whole site; there is lots of lovely inspiration there.
Hugs Jane x

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Jane - lovely soft colours and your pleated ribbon is gorgeous.
    Have joined Pintrest just waiting to hear back from them - it looks very addictive! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to help Jane, even if it's only with a little inspiration ;o)
    Another beautiful creation, loving the blue and the VERY neat ruffled seam binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting rather fond of this set Jane! This is a lovely way to use that beautiful frame and I like your ruffles and pleats too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beauty Jane as usual and love your seam binding and believe me compared to mine it's very neat! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !