Tuesday 7 February 2012

Fun Flowers !

Morning !
So chilly and damp here today; I think we've had enough winter now, roll on the spring ! Luckily I took my photos for this post yesterday when we had slightly better light levels ! I designed this card for my little class today having had a request to make a big card with a matching tag! This one is 8 inches square and is some card stock from my own stash; I used it as it is quite robust and stands up well, which is essential  for the size of card ! I have not been with SU for that long ( around seven months ) and I got rather carried away with my initial purchases ! I now find that I have lots of papers which are now retired and I've not touched them; so here is an airing of a lovely DSP ( Springtime Vintage ) which I probably should have used last year but didn't get round to it !!!



I have used a current DSP - Beau Chateau - for the background and the flowers can be made from any DSP of your choice ! They were die cut using the Bigz die fun flowers and the flower on the tag also features the scallop circle punch. I made the paper ribbon from whisper white card stock using the lace ribbon border punch .


Here is a little more detail. The flowers are edged in baja breeze ink which was also used to stamp the large medallion. Edging in ink on a large flower is needed for definition and adds more interest to your project.  I used old olive ink for the flourish which is from the gorgeous Everything Eleanor stamp set and finished both flowers off with some old buttons.


A sentiment from oval all was used and punched out with the scallop oval punch to complete the card which is really quite simple in design.
Off to tidy up ready for class now !

Have a great day wherever you are and happy crafting !
Hugs Jane x



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !