Saturday 4 February 2012

Love Tokens from You Are Loved.

Hello !
Well, the snow we were promised came bang on time at 3pm this afternoon just as I returned from doing my shopping ! It was lovely to come in and have a nice cup of tea and slice of cake and feel all cosy ! It's settling well now and we have about 4-5cm; it looks very pretty but I'm glad to be inside blogging !
I have had a lovely time playing with a newish stamp set ( it's in the current mini ) from SU called You Are Loved; it is supposed to be a Valentine set but I think it is so much more and will use it all year round as it is so sweet. I made some little love tokens using the top note die as a base and I worked on whisper white and pretty in pink card stock. 






Just two inks were used - rose red and the ever faithful crumb cake  (where would I be without this ink !) I used a few little additions to finish off my projects - pink SU ribbon (now discontinued but similar available in the current catalogue ), an antique brad, some flowers made from my itty bitty punch set, a few pearls and a heart made from the embosslits die scalloped heart of hearts.


Finally I have a card to share with you from the same stamp set. This also uses the eyelet border and dotted scalloped ribbon border punches. I used pretty in pink and rose red inks and layered one heart on top of the paler one using dimensionals. I also added some rhinestones and covered the heart with crystal effects ! I am so glad I got this stamp set as I think it will be well used and the images when stamped are of a good size so I will be able to use it on larger cards too.


I think we are in for a mini hibernation this weekend; thankfully we have nowhere we need to go tomorrow so I think we'll just enjoy a day in and have a nice Sunday lunch and chill !!! Good weather for crafting ! LOL !

Keep warm wherever you are and thank you so much for stopping by !
Hugs Jane x


2 comments:

  1. Oh these are are all gorgeous Jane, so pretty.
    Hope you've had a nice relaxing day
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound as if you had a great weekend Jane - I don't know what your menagerie thought of it all though! This stamp set is very 'you' and you have made some absolute stunners with it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !