Sunday 12 February 2012

Fresh Vintage - Simple and not so Simple !

Good Morning ! (Just !!! )
Hope your Sunday is good ? Nothing exciting to report here; just the usual Sunday morning, Hubbie and I unwinding from a busy day yesterday, Rosie off to work at the garden nursery and the dogs doing what they do best - lazing around !
I have, like many other demos, fallen in love with the gorgeous SAB stamp set - Fresh Vintage and have two very contrasting cards to share with you today. The first is very typical of my style and is a more detailed card. 



I love edging punches and have used three here - scallop trim border, eyelet  border and the dotted scallop ribbon border. I have also made use of the scallop circle punch and the larger version ( available in the mini ) to make my flower and of course one of my new favourite ( even though it has been going for a while now ) the scallop oval punch to frame the  sentiment. 


I have used all the reds from the DSP Everyday Enchantment available from the SAB to make my flower and crinkled it and added inked edges for definition and to tie in with the vintage theme before attaching it to the card with an antique brad. The sentiment inked in cherry cobbler is from the stamp set oval all. I used riding hood red ink for stamping the image. My card stock is naturals ivory. 


So, here is my simple card. Not my usual style but the image is so lovely and I coloured it in using my Stampin' write markers from the regals colour range. I then double mounted the trimmed image onto some not quite navy card and then onto some very vanilla. The sentiment is from the stamp set sincere salutations and is stamped in not quite navy ink .


Here is a little more detail, this stamp really lends itself to this kind of inking and it is quick to achieve lovely results; I like the surprise you get when you lift the ink pad as you never really know how it's going to come out !!!
Much milder here today and lots of tweety birdies in the garden; I think they are yearning for Spring as much as I am !
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit, have a good day !
Hugs Jane x







3 comments:

  1. Really lovely cards Jane and you are right love the Fresh vintage and the Free paper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different but equally gorgeous cards Jane. It's lovely to see how one set can give such different looks. Hope you've had a good week, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both absolutely beautiful Jane
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !