Wednesday 26 October 2011

Everything Eleanor Part 2 !

Good Morning !
I have set myself another little task to keep it simple and designed some more class cards using "Everything Eleanor " again !!!!
I have also used the lovely bird cage from "Nature Walk" and worked on very vanilla card stock in a limited range of inks - basic grey, pear pizzaz, river rock and pretty in pink.



Stamping a background is easy but you mustn't be too precious about it, just use a good eye for judgement and go for it ! If all else fails , use the Stampamajig !!! For me the charm of stamping is the irregularities, but not for all ! I have added in the basic grey so the card has definition, but it is still a pastel card. It's so relaxing cutting out all those flowers and I think the colours work well together for a nice change !


For this card I used the medium flower from the set and stamped half the card in river rock and pretty in pink to make a background, both the cards have sponged edges. Sentiments are from "Sincere Salutations ". Again these are simpler cards but show different ways of using the stamp sets. Putting colours together is always difficult, particularly if you are trying to achieve something a little different, but I encourage you to experiment, try groups of three or four colours and try them out with your stamps. This is very important as just a block of colour onto paper will give a different effect to a stamped image which is open and shows the paper or card beneath; try it and you'll see what I talking about !

I love this quote from John Ruskin on the subject of colour :

" The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love colour the most "

Have a great day wherever you are and thank you for visiting !
Hugs Jane x


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !