Friday 22 July 2011

Butterfly Card !

Hello ! Just a quick post today as I have to make an anniversary card for hubbie; cannot believe it is twenty eight years and I still haven't completed phase one of the training programme !
I have a little card today that features a butterfly.


This card took no time to make; I've been trying to simplify my card designs because my designs were so intricate that it was taking me around 2 ~ 3 hours to complete a card ! So I've decided to discipline myself and set myself a new challenge to speed up and not be so fussy !!
I started with a scalloped edge card and ran it through my "Big Shot" using an embossing folder which creates a frame on your card. Use a small card that will fit and flap the back of the card out of the way and make sure the embossed side will be uppermost on the front of your card.
This one went over the edge but I quite like that: perfection is not necessary in paper arts ! I then ran an ink pad over the surface to pick up the embossed detail ( I used "Crumb Cake" ink from Stampin' Up, It is fast becoming a favourite of mine ) ! I also inked the edge of the scallops in the same ink .


I stamped a butterfly onto some cream tissue paper and tore around the edge ( carefully ! ) and added some of my signature tiny blossoms and a bit of bling and it was finished!

Here is a quote I console myself with often, but I think there is a lot of truth in this one !

"It is better to create than to be learned, creating is the true essence of life ".
Barthold Georg Niebuhr.

Have a good day and do visit again!
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !