Monday 9 September 2013

Beautifully Baroque !

Hello ! It's been chilly here in Worcestershire today and there is plenty of rain around - perfect crafting weather !!! I have been playing at making a mini book today for my ladies to make in class - this one is inspired by one designed by my brilliant upline Peg - you can look at her beautiful blog here - http://www.pegcraftalot.com/ ! Peg is very gifted at designing mini books and lovely boxes to hold notecards - I am not, so making the one with her first, gave me some much needed confidence ! I have changed mine up quite a bit and made it bigger and added some pages in and used the framelits labels dies to add some interest to the front cover. I have also used some DSP - Eastern Elegance and smoky slate 12 x 12 textured card stock from the new Seasonal catalogue. The inside is constructed using very vanilla card stock and there are pages and little library ticket style pockets with pull out tickets ( Peg's description - I am old enough to remember them and it's a great description ! ) 











I've shown lots of photos in this post in the hope that you can see how the whole thing works !!! ??? I haven't mounted photos in the mini book but they could be added to the tickets or pages easily if you wanted to give this as a gift for a special occasion . 
I have just put some acrylic paint on a canvas ready for my next project - do come back and visit to see what I have created soon ! 
Happy crafting ! 
Hugs Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !