Tuesday 1 November 2011

Christmas Gift Boxes !

Hello !
Gosh, I must think of some slightly more imaginative tiles for my posts; they are a bit obvious !!! I thought I would share with you what we have made in my little class this afternoon; it was so warm we could have crafted in the garden ( until it started raining !!! ).
We will be doing mostly Christmas crafts now as there are lots of gorgeous thing you can make for your home as well as cards.



Today we made these three little boxes suitable for chocolates, jewellery or makeup/skincare. The papers are now discontinued but can easily be substituted with the new Christmas DSP ( which I don't have yet! ) The stamp set used is " Pines and Poinsettias " and I have used the new lace ribbon border punch.


I tried out the new petal cone die as I had seen it on so many blogs and thought how versatile it could be and it is so cute and quite a usable size.  Inks are old olive and riding hood red. This goes together nicely but as with all 3-D projects neatness and nice crisp edges are important so use your bone folder for good results!!!


This little box is aptly named the Three Kings box ! I have  wrapped a ribbon of punched lace and added a rosette and warning ! If you want to gift heavier items choose a stronger card stock and use a reliable glue !


The box is simple here but I've added an oversized flower made from the fun flowers bigz die. I stamped this on vellum with whisper white ( let this dry for a good half hour before you touch it ) and the die coped well with cutting such a flimsy paper. Gift boxes are so expensive and these cost so little to make and we had fun making them ! 

Next time we will be making vintage Christmas cards and learning some distressing techniques, so I'll be posting some samples soon !

Happy crafting !
Hugs Jane x



2 comments:

  1. I had great fun today Jane - thank you. Can't wait for the next class - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous Jane - I just LOVE boxes!!!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !