Wednesday 21 September 2011

A Lesson on Layouts !

Hello again ! I seem to be on a bit of a roll with my blogging at the moment ! I'm making lots of new stuff and I want to share it ! Today I have a bit of a tutorial for you. The thing many crafters find tricky is to get the layout of a project right and it can be quite difficult to get a good balance, particularly if you are new to crafting. So I do hope that this post gives you a little inspiration to try different options and the confidence to be more adventurous !
I made a little covered journal from the same Stampin' Up supplies used in yesterdays post, but I thought it would be helpful to show some options for the layout before deciding on the final design.



My first layout ~ everything does not have to be in the centre ! The clocks are stamped so are static and everything else fits around !


The second idea ! I really like this one but it is a little on the safe side ! However , it does work, what do you think?


Third idea ! My least favourite ! After cutting out all my elements I played around until I was happy with my layout. By now you will have your favourite or you may have some better ideas of your own; the options are endless so I encourage you to have play !!!


My final choice ! A tweaked version of number 1 ! This is so personal but it will be very obvious to you when something doesn't work; so trust your judgement and invent some new layouts !


Here is a little card I made while I was fiddling around with my layout; I am such a messy crafter, mainly because I am usually working on two or three projects at the same time !!! That's my excuse anyway ~ Ok, I'm just messy !!!
Hope this has been helpful, I would welcome your comments and any ideas you may have !
Thank you for stopping by !
Hugs Jane x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !