Wednesday 4 April 2012

Rule Britannia Bunting !

Good Morning !
I hope wherever you are in the world that you are enjoying better weather than we are here in the UK ! After days of glorious sunshine and warmth we seem to be experiencing winter again; cold and sleety and just not nice ! However , it is excellent weather for crafting and I have been a busy bee finishing off this bunting which I started almost a year ago now !
I had this fabulous plan that I would make some patriotic bunting whilst I was watching the Royal Wedding last April. So, I did all my preparation and downloaded all my images, sorted out my papers, stamps and inks well before and off I went on the day ! Well, needless to say, very little got done as I was glued to the TV screen and then we went off to the street party BBQ organised by our neighbour !
I don't like leaving projects in mid air so decided to return to it and get it completed and it is still very current with the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics this year !!! This is a very photo heavy post; I hope you like them, they still have to be strung but I'm nearly there !













These measure around 25cms deep, so are quite substantial and are cut from heavy patterned card stock. I found all the images online and they are very personal to me as they represent many of the things that I love about Great Britain. These are just a few of the collection, but they give you an idea of what I set out to achieve !
I stamped over patterned card, punched the edges and added lots of sepia ink to distress everything. I ran some of the images through some embossing folders for a bit of texture and then highlighted the coins and some other images with glossy glue to add more definition ! The stamps are distressed and have some platinum glitter glue added too. I chose vintage blues, reds and ivory and used the coins and stamps to link all the triangles together.
I had fun with this project and have some vintage red, ivory and navy cotton striped ribbon to string them all together !
 Thank you so much for stopping by ! Do come again ! 
Hugs Jane x




2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely jaw-dropping project Jane! It's such a celebration of Britishness! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Jane - a real labour of love
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !