Thursday 11 August 2011

More Lovely Vintage !

Hello ! I found more vintage cards which I would like to share with you today ! I do love these pretty images and you can see by the repeats which are my favourites ! Some things are too lovely to use only once ! I have used a textured cardstock for most of these cards and like the broken effect of the stamped image you create. 


Many crafters use a layout template to plan cards and scrapbook pages and these are very useful and many ideas can be easily found online. However these can sometimes be too prescriptive and sometimes it's nice to experiment and just be creative. I keep little boxes of " elements " made up ready to add to cards and then just play around with bits until it looks right. I remember when I first started papercrafting about three years ago my first creations were 12 x 12 scrapbook pages ( I came to card making a little later ) and I had some lovely copies of old photos of my Mum, who is sadly no longer with us. I was so nervous about committing all the components to paper and I can honestly say that I fiddled around for literally hours !!! Any friends reading this will will verify this silliness ! I don't do this any more ! I just get on with it and  am usually more happy with the results many which occur by happy accident ! 
Helpful hint ! Always copy old photos for use in your crafting then you can keep the original and repeat copy when needed.


I like to print the envelope to tie in the design on the card.


I had a play stamping on tissue and embossing too and was pleased with the results. Textures add dimension and interest to your work and the little pearls add yet another element and bring the piece to life.


A little pleated square of stamped tissue paper makes a nice little bow to enhance your card !


If you are card making it is not essential to use acid and lignin free materials and I often add in bits of interesting paper that I find in packaging and catalogues which are too good to put into  paper recycling. The pale aqua  in this card came from a skincare catalogue and had a white core and tore nicely so I inked the edge and stamped it in white to mount my butterfly on.

Thank you for stopping by; hope I have given you some inspiration !
I can make cards to order if you don't have the time to create yourself and are looking for something a little different and I can be contacted via the link on my profile above. I am also happy to give free advice by e~mail about any of the ideas or techniques show on my blog, again contact via the link !

Do stop by again ! Have a good day ! 
Hugs Jane x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !